COVID-19 Protocols in Place
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
- All patrons entering the building will be required to wear a mask.
- Should you prefer to wait in your vehicle you can call up upon arrival and we will come get you when it is time to come in.
- Our office will ask you a series of screening questions and take your temperature upon entry to the building.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- If there are no medical contra indications, a pre-procedural rinse of Iodine 0.5% solution for 30 seconds prior to treatment is given.
- We have the most modern vacuum system available that can provide maximum suction to all treatment rooms during simultaneous use and have limited the use of aerosol producing procedures.
- We have air purifiers installed in all areas of the building sufficient to cover our entire facility.
- Our staff are changing their lab jackets for each patient, wearing masks, face shields and/or eye protection.
- Staff are being asked the same screening questions and having temperature checks each day upon entry into the building.
- We have installed plexiglass barriers around the front desk.
- Each room is properly disinfected as per our usual universal precautions, using cleaners that have been clinically shown to kill human corona virus.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.